cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

New Community Member

Your link fixed it for me--thanks!

Glad to hear it 🙂 Thanks for keeping us in the loop! 

Siobhan

New Community Member

I Had this problem. Figured it out. From the main page click on the three horizontal bars icon meaning menu. Then click on the settings icon (looks like a gear). On that page one of the first few options is for language. When you click on it it will give you a drop down menu where one of the options is English. Choose it and reload the page. Good luck.

New Community Member

i found the legal stuff at bottom and change it to my lanuage and that worked to get it back to english https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full a

Hi bechong,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you 🙂

I'm sure it will be much appreciated by our other members.

Conor

New Community Member

I found another solution.  This problem only shows up in Chrome for me, and not in Firefox.

In Chrome, go into Settings > Show Advanced Settings, click on the Language button.

Delete any unwanted languages.  Close all Chrome windows, restart, and Paypal should load only in English (or your desired default language.

Hope this helps.

New Community Member

The language settings in Chrome worked for me, too! Not sure how Chinese ever got on that list in the first place. And the problem has occured on multiple computers, so I wonder if there isn't a bug in Paypal somewhere that is tweaking that setting.

New Community Member

My payplay is also in Chimese and I can not find out to change it back. I first got a notifaction of payment to Microsoft in Chinese. Could I please get this fixed.

New Community Member

My account also has suddenly become Chinese and nothing seems to be fixing it in Firefox for me. Help! it even emailed me in Chinese!