cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

SOLVED
Contributor

Re: My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

I resolved this in Android Google Chrome Mobile by going to the 3-dots menu and doing a word search (find in page) for the word "english". As it turns out that much like wikipedia, there are several language chpices (links) near the bottom of the page. That when inadvertently clicked/touched will chance your paypal login pagee's default language. Just touch/click "English" to change it back! Easy-Peasey...
New Community Member

My account is also in Chinese im prego and got $ sent as a gift I can't even retrieve it because it's in Chinese wth !!!!!!

I'm reading along in the forum to find out why my account is now in Chinese. I clicked on the contact link at the bottom of the page, and ITS ALL IN CHINESE. Might someone please contact me via email with the paypal phone number? 

Feeling like my account is hacked and I have no recourse.

New Community Member

I cancelled an account on Match.com months ago and they are still taking money from my pay pal account how do i make it stop

Hi bt23,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

It sounds to me like you may have an ongoing subscription with Match.com.

Here's how you can cancel it on your end:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Select My money.
  4. Beside ‘My pre-approved payments’, click Update.
  5. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
  6. Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request. 

I hope that helps bt23 and feel free to come back to us here if you've any further queries about this!

Conor

Hard to rectify on my end when I don't know which 'button' to select.  And why am I going to the 'uk' to solve this?  I didn't create this problem, so I am asking PayPal to work on the solution as I don't speak, read or understand chinese.

Hi Dilpro,

Thanks for posting!

Are you still running into this problem on your side?

If so, as it's quite a strange one, would you consider sending us a Facebook message or a tweet? That way, we can pull up your details on our side and investigate this further 🙂

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

We look forward to hearing from you Dilpro,

Conor

New Community Member

I have the same issue.  I click to translate, but it takes a few seconds and sometimes doesn't translate all the words.

How do get this corrected?  It's hard to contact Paypal directly.

Hi sryoung48,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear you find contacting us difficult.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. I would recommend you either calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help you fix this issue right away or, which might be much easier and more convenient, contacting us via Social Media - on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

I don't have Facebook or Twitter. Emails from PayPal are now arriving addressed to me in Chinese.

Please, what is the US phone number to contact PayPal?