My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

willowywicca
Contributor
Contributor

As the title says, upon logging in today I found that my many-year old paypal account has somehow been automatically changed to be entirely in chinese now. Please revert it back to english so that I can properly use it again. All login screens, pages within the account etc are all in chinese. My previous payment was to a chinese person, but I've a long history of payments to non-chinese destinations so it seems a bit silly that it would change my language based solely on that..

Anyways, any help in reverting my account to English settings would be greatly appreciated. I did try going through all menu options with google translate but couldn't find any mention of language settings anywhere at all..

Also, is this a sign that my account was hacked? There doesnt seem to be any transactions made which makes me suspect not, but a little concerned nonetheless..

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

cflam0625
Contributor
Contributor

After you log on your Paypal account, on the top of toolbar, you may see an icon "settings". Sorry I can't attach a picture here. After you click on the Settings icon, look for the Chinese (supposed it's Simplified Chinese) characters like this "账户选项". Then click on "语言", on the pull-down-menu, click on it and search until you see "English". Save it and it's done. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Annette21
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me! Iam have the same problem and don't understand why my paypal is in Chinese! I just want to get back into my paypal and delet my bank information. I've tried login in on my phone, my iPad, and computer and it's all in Chinese. Can I please have a phone number to call paypal? I can't  go on my paypal page because it's all in Chinese. I found a phone number and even the recording was in Chinese. What the heck is going on?! I am not happy with paypal! Please someone help me! 

Login to Me Too

jlfull3

@PayPal_Rachael wrote:

Hi @AJ_In_SFBay,

I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened in your account. In a case like this it is a much better idea to give us a call. You can report unauthorised activity on our website like this http://ow.ly/R5FpI but to be sure that everything is back the way you want it it's best to call. When you call we can also verify you on the phone and discuss any issues. 

To find our number click 'contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page then call us. 

I hope we can get this sorted quickly for you. 

Rachael

How do you find the contact at the bottom of the page when you can't read the language???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Jlfull3,

Welcome to the Community.

Is the language on your account showing in a different language? If it is, I would advise you to try reaching out to us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

Lou52

I have the same problem. The entire page is Chinese except for my name and the PAY PAL logo. You have said call using the contact us number at the bottom of the page. I'm sorry I don't read Chinese so I don't know how to open that tab since it is written in Chinese. Can you supply us with the number to call please. Thank you so much.Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Lou52,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

If you scroll down this thread a little, you'll see that I have asked other community members to contact us via Facebook or Twitter so we can investigate this further.

You could also call us toll-free on 0800 358 7911 so we can take a closer look at what's happening here.

Why don't you give one of these options a try so we can get to the bottom of this once and for all?

Conor

Login to Me Too

Hadenuf_SA
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a toll free number to contact in South Africa? This problem seems to be on going nearly a year later after these complaints were lodged, this being 10th June 2016. I tried logging on via the UK site, but with same results.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Kathi7
Contributor
Contributor
Please corr to english
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Glad to hear it 🙂 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

JakeP123
Contributor
Contributor
My account has recently been changed to Chinese after redownloading the app and I cannot change it back to English. Please help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.