My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

willowywicca
Contributor
Contributor

As the title says, upon logging in today I found that my many-year old paypal account has somehow been automatically changed to be entirely in chinese now. Please revert it back to english so that I can properly use it again. All login screens, pages within the account etc are all in chinese. My previous payment was to a chinese person, but I've a long history of payments to non-chinese destinations so it seems a bit silly that it would change my language based solely on that..

Anyways, any help in reverting my account to English settings would be greatly appreciated. I did try going through all menu options with google translate but couldn't find any mention of language settings anywhere at all..

Also, is this a sign that my account was hacked? There doesnt seem to be any transactions made which makes me suspect not, but a little concerned nonetheless..

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

PayPal_Conor

Hi Dilpro,

Thanks for posting!

Are you still running into this problem on your side?

If so, as it's quite a strange one, would you consider sending us a Facebook message or a tweet? That way, we can pull up your details on our side and investigate this further 🙂

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

We look forward to hearing from you Dilpro,

Conor

Login to Me Too

sryoung48
New Community Member

I have the same issue.  I click to translate, but it takes a few seconds and sometimes doesn't translate all the words.

How do get this corrected?  It's hard to contact Paypal directly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi sryoung48,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear you find contacting us difficult.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. I would recommend you either calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help you fix this issue right away or, which might be much easier and more convenient, contacting us via Social Media - on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Ben_Wh

I don't have Facebook or Twitter. Emails from PayPal are now arriving addressed to me in Chinese.

Please, what is the US phone number to contact PayPal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi En_Wh,

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here.

If you are unable to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter, you can call our Customer Service team directly on +1 888 221 1161 and they can assist you further with getting this resolved.

Please let us know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

utinni1

Follow this link and then select your country.  This is what fixed the issue for me.  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Login to Me Too

Komeister

Your link fixed it for me--thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Glad to hear it 🙂 Thanks for keeping us in the loop! 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Anya23
New Community Member

I Had this problem. Figured it out. From the main page click on the three horizontal bars icon meaning menu. Then click on the settings icon (looks like a gear). On that page one of the first few options is for language. When you click on it it will give you a drop down menu where one of the options is English. Choose it and reload the page. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.