My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

willowywicca
Contributor
Contributor

As the title says, upon logging in today I found that my many-year old paypal account has somehow been automatically changed to be entirely in chinese now. Please revert it back to english so that I can properly use it again. All login screens, pages within the account etc are all in chinese. My previous payment was to a chinese person, but I've a long history of payments to non-chinese destinations so it seems a bit silly that it would change my language based solely on that..

Anyways, any help in reverting my account to English settings would be greatly appreciated. I did try going through all menu options with google translate but couldn't find any mention of language settings anywhere at all..

Also, is this a sign that my account was hacked? There doesnt seem to be any transactions made which makes me suspect not, but a little concerned nonetheless..

Login to Me Too
87 REPLIES 87

SaraLee1
New Community Member

Can anyone help me? My account that I've had forever is now in Chinese also.... How were you able to fix this problem?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi SaraLee1.

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please contact us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you and help you with getting your language changed on your account?

David.

Login to Me Too

Keith_W_A
Contributor
Contributor
I resolved this in Android Google Chrome Mobile by going to the 3-dots menu and doing a word search (find in page) for the word "english". As it turns out that much like wikipedia, there are several language chpices (links) near the bottom of the page. That when inadvertently clicked/touched will chance your paypal login pagee's default language. Just touch/click "English" to change it back! Easy-Peasey...
Login to Me Too

Chertax7
Pay Pal is worthless. it says click here for solution and I get nothing. The problem I need to fix is account is always in Chinese. I only know English Since you won't accept an email address Please publish solution where we easily get notice as tech support finding answer is more trouble than what it is worth
Login to Me Too

Megaloud
Contributor
Contributor
No it has been resolved, I’ve been experiencing it for months, and customer service and tech support is actively ignoring my requests for help... this is insanity!
Login to Me Too

Jenn2737
New Community Member
My account is also in Chinese im prego and got $ sent as a gift I can't even retrieve it because it's in Chinese wth !!!!!!
Login to Me Too

shemmerle

I'm reading along in the forum to find out why my account is now in Chinese. I clicked on the contact link at the bottom of the page, and ITS ALL IN CHINESE. Might someone please contact me via email with the paypal phone number? 

Feeling like my account is hacked and I have no recourse.

Login to Me Too

bt23
New Community Member

I cancelled an account on Match.com months ago and they are still taking money from my pay pal account how do i make it stop

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi bt23,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

It sounds to me like you may have an ongoing subscription with Match.com.

Here's how you can cancel it on your end:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Select My money.
  4. Beside ‘My pre-approved payments’, click Update.
  5. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
  6. Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request. 

I hope that helps bt23 and feel free to come back to us here if you've any further queries about this!

Conor

Login to Me Too

Dllpro

Hard to rectify on my end when I don't know which 'button' to select.  And why am I going to the 'uk' to solve this?  I didn't create this problem, so I am asking PayPal to work on the solution as I don't speak, read or understand chinese.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.