Multiple Accounts Naming Issue

ReunionGHS
New Community Member

I already have a personal PayPal account.  I am in charge of payments for our 40th High School Reunion, so I created a new account with a First Name alias indicating 'ReunionGHS'.  I used my legal last name, address, linked credit card, mailing address, etc and including last 4 digits of SSN.  Now that there is money in the account I find I can't get it out without submitting a copy of my SSN Card ID WITH the correct legal First and Last Name.  I am willing to submit my SSN Card document as requested, but the online form won't accept it b/c the First Name can't be identified as real.  Is there any workaround, so that all my classmates don't think they're just paying me personally?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReunionGHS 

Firstly you are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts as long as x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have x2 of the same type then you risk them both being limited  😐

To withdraw any funds the name on the paypal account would have to exactly match the name on your bank account and if not then you would not be able to withdraw. To send the funds to someone else you would need to verify that account with legal documents proving the name on the account matches the name on your documents.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.