Money sent to an email account I can't get access to.

adeguzman
New Community Member

So, I have been using my personal email account for a while and unfortunately, I've created a paypal account with it a long time ago and I no longer can't get into it. I don't remember the password, the phone number is no longer in use, and I don't remember the answers to the secret question. So I basically lost hope on that account and I recently created a new Business paypal account.

I didn't think this would happen, but someone was supposed to send money to my business paypal account and not the old personal paypal account. I am trying to figure out how can I get paypal to cancel the transaction on that account, or even better yet remove my personal email from paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adeguzman 

If its the old email address then if you still own it then 'add' it to your paypal account as you can have up to 8 on the 1 paypal account and the funds should show, if not then................

You need to contact your buyer(s) and ask them to see what it says in their paypal accounts either:
1. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Pending / Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods/Services option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen. They may not want to do this and so you could then cancel the transaction. OR you can send them a money request.

Pending / Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying.
Again they may not want to pay you again until they get their money back so you may need to cancel the transaction for them.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1467

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.