Money posted to my account.

Oilman2
Contributor
Contributor

I sold two items through eBay in August and the money is there on my statement but my PayPal account shows a big fat zero and there has been no transfer to my linked bank account.  I've raised this with PayPal and am awaiting a response.

Interestingly, I got a refund from a " fail to deliver " Amazon purchase and the money was in my bank account in 24 hours.

What is their general response time to messages?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oilman2 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than your bank account or card if you have not selected a preference.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Oilman2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. All purchases post the eBay sales were paid for. One the face of it the money is sitting there but not passed on to my linked account. Awaiting a reply from PayPal. Do they reply quickly? I see I'm to get a reply when they get around to it!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oilman2 

Are the funds showing in your paypal balance or not showing at all?

Was it an international transaction ie another currency?

Have you received funds before?

Does the transaction show in your paypal activity or just ebay?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.