Mobile app login pin no longer works.

Lookimback
Contributor
Contributor

The login pin quit working a couple months ago. I have not changed it. It just stopped working. I've searched for a solution, and found this, but it is no longer relevant. There is no option to create or change a pin. I can enable or disable it from the Login and Security menu, but it will not work when I enter my pin.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Lookimback
Contributor
Contributor
I figured it out a couple days ago. The problem was that my new phone had not been verified. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. I finally just disabled the pin, exited out of settings, went back in only to find it had been re-enabled on it's own. Tried again, same thing. I disabled the stay logged in longer option, then tried disabling pin again. Waited a couple minutes and reenabled pin. Suddenly a popup asked me to verify my device. Then the pin worked and when I checked, the pin change option was present again. I really think the developers need to make it so if your device requires verification, it will actually tell you rather than tell you that your pin is incorrect. How about just disable pin if the device isn't verified, and then when you enable pin make it give you the option to verify the device?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lookimback,

Welcome to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues logging into your app. I would first recommend removing and re-installing the app. Before you try logging in on that app, login through a non-mobile browser and follow these steps:

Click the gear (Settings) in the upper-right hand corner

On the next page, click on Security

Scroll down a bit to find Mobile Pin

There you should be able to reset your mobile pin. That should do the trick!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Lookimback
Contributor
Contributor
I figured it out a couple days ago. The problem was that my new phone had not been verified. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. I finally just disabled the pin, exited out of settings, went back in only to find it had been re-enabled on it's own. Tried again, same thing. I disabled the stay logged in longer option, then tried disabling pin again. Waited a couple minutes and reenabled pin. Suddenly a popup asked me to verify my device. Then the pin worked and when I checked, the pin change option was present again. I really think the developers need to make it so if your device requires verification, it will actually tell you rather than tell you that your pin is incorrect. How about just disable pin if the device isn't verified, and then when you enable pin make it give you the option to verify the device?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.