Mistake in mailing address

Mehrdokht
New Community Member

Well, it's funny and absurd at the stage.

I opened this paypal account 4 months ago since my friends(in UK) wanted to send me(in Canada) some money as a gift and paypal seemed to be the fastest and easiest way, only by then!

While opening the account and entering my address, I don't how, but I somehow picked the wrong country. I mean I live in Canada, other details of my address is correct except for the province and country which is AZ, United States. I don't know how that happened. Even my postal code is correct, it is the country and the state that does not match my correct address.

I did not notice it then, so my friends sent me over the money. Now that I wanna use the money, paypal will not allow me to add a credit card cause the billing address on my credit card is not the same as my paypal. neither it let me transfer the money to another paypal account saying some of my information does not match. I even can not close my account since it is asking me to confirm my address right before closing the account and I do not want to confirm a wrong address.

I tried contacting paypal but there is no human being available. this is creepy as **bleep** lol. I mean I feel like I am in a Kafkaesque atmosphere: no way ahead, no way back.

Can anyone please help me waking up from this night mare? lol

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mehrdokht 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

A U.S account is useless to you and you would never be able to verify it. You need to close that one (if you can) and open one in your own country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mehrdokht
New Community Member

thanks, but what will happen to the money that I already have in my account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mehrdokht 

If they sent the payment as friends / family then there only option is to do a chargeback IF they funded that payment via a card.

If they sent as goods / services then tell them to open a dispute for non receipt of item (as there is nothing to send) and they may get their funds back and then can pay to your new account once you have opened it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.