Microsoft Authenticator App - cannot get it to work with PayPal

coorella
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have tried adding the Microsoft Authenticator App for two-step authentication. I am able to add the App OK as a two-step Authentications option. This involves scanning the QR code and typing in the App's 6-digit verification code.

But when I next log into PayPal and try to use it I can't get past the screen where you enter the 6-digit code.

When I type the code shown in the App into the browser, a green tick appears next to it, but when I click Next or Confirm , it won't go past and puts up a "that doesn't look right" message.

I have tied both IE and Chrome (side note: IE won't even let me into the Community!) And several times!

Is there something obvious I am missing?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

coorella
Contributor
Contributor

Just tried the Google Authenticator App and it works fine.

But I have several accounts in the MS App, and I didn't really want to have two Apps!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

coorella
Contributor
Contributor

Just tried the Google Authenticator App and it works fine.

But I have several accounts in the MS App, and I didn't really want to have two Apps!

Login to Me Too

Ssaine
New Community Member

Make sure the Microsoft Authenticator APP has access to your camera, in IOS go to settings/Privacy/camera and look for the app and turn it on

Login to Me Too

mangraviti
Contributor
Contributor

The app does recognize de qr as paypal generated, it produces a code, but paypal does not recognize it.

Login to Me Too

SeattleGari
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  The MS Authenticator app recognizes the QR code and creates codes, but the codes only work maybe 30% of the time.  The MS app works with every other site that I've tried.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.