Make your choice today email. confirm identity entering social & birthday SCAM?

jeeter
Contributor
Contributor

Received this email is it valid or scam to confirm identity must enter Birthday an full SS#

Make your choice today

Hi ,
To continue sending* or spending money directly from your PayPal balance, please provide us with a bit more info so we can confirm your identity. We do this to help keep your account secure and support regulations that fight money laundering and fraud.

Keep a PayPal balance and confirm your identity by 1/27/19

You've got options.

Click [Removed] or log in to your account and click the Notifications icon at the top of the page, then follow the instructions. You'll only have to do this once. Then you can keep using your balance the way you always have. Any automatic payments you have will continue to be paid from your balance. This includes subscriptions, installment plans, recurring payments, and even occasional purchases from certain merchants.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scam.  The domain on the link is epl.paypal-communication dot com. Not a PayPal domain name. And PayPal addresses you by your full name.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scam.  The domain on the link is epl.paypal-communication dot com. Not a PayPal domain name. And PayPal addresses you by your full name.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jeeter
Contributor
Contributor

it had my full name but i deleted it before posting on here

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.