Mailing addresses

Therealzuker
New Community Member

I just bought something from a merchant using paypal. When my payment was processed paypal used my old work address which has been deleted from my account. Will the item ship to the address I gave to the merchant or this old address linked in my paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Therealzuker 

In order for the seller can adhere to the seller protection policy, they usual ship to the shipping address on the payment. If you communicated to the seller of the correct shipping address, then it is up the seller if they choose to ship to your new communicated shipping address or the old address on the payment. Merchant can also cancel the order and refund you and you can do the purchase over and be sure to add your new shipping address in your account with the merchant store before logging into PayPal to pay or double check the shipping address during the Review your payment page of PayPal checkout. Don't rush through the checkout screens taking your time so no errors are made.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Therealzuker 

In order for the seller can adhere to the seller protection policy, they usual ship to the shipping address on the payment. If you communicated to the seller of the correct shipping address, then it is up the seller if they choose to ship to your new communicated shipping address or the old address on the payment. Merchant can also cancel the order and refund you and you can do the purchase over and be sure to add your new shipping address in your account with the merchant store before logging into PayPal to pay or double check the shipping address during the Review your payment page of PayPal checkout. Don't rush through the checkout screens taking your time so no errors are made.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SharaVG
Contributor
Contributor
This doesn't work, when I get to the payment screen it doesn't give me an option to choose shipping address, only payment method. The screen also doesn't show the selected shipping address until the email confirmation is received. Also rushing shouldn't be an issue since the old work address has been completely removed like the original posters situation, there is obviously a glitch in the system as happening to more than one person where PayPal is picking up old addresses that are no longer listed on the account (at all). I made two orders to verify this issue is not user error.
Login to Me Too

dan1658
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem, there must be a glitch. House numbers were changed in my city 5 years ago by 911 for some unknown reason and we were advised to notify all creditors to avoid problems with delivery of mail. I changed my address in Paypal but recently I have been getting packages that were invoiced through Paypal returned to the merchants because of invalid address. My address in Paypal has been changed for years but still my packages are being sent back. Very frustrating and and I may have to change to another pay method because of this.

Login to Me Too

Mbagley
New Community Member
I’ve been having this issue! I’ve noticed it more if I click on the link through my email. But not sure how to fix it!
Login to Me Too

cowboysmama1953
New Community Member
My new address has been updated in my account for months and my old address removed but after purchasing an item from a private seller on marketplace, my Pay Pal receipt is showing my old address as my shipping address. I contacted the seller but he said he can't change the address on the shipping label which means I won't receive my item which means I will stop using Pay Pal altogether.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.