Lost 2-factor auth keys, cannot login

mphjklqw
New Community Member

Recently started up my auth program to find that all the information has been wiped for some reason. I'm unable to find any backups, and when I click the "trouble logging in" link, it tries to send me a confirmation text...to an old number. When I click the "confirm in another way" link, it takes me back to the exact same screen, with the exact same incorrect number.

I can verify all my account details through the automated phone system--eg. it senses that my actual phone number is connected to the account--but apparently must login to be able to change said phone number. I have no idea why it keeps trying to send texts to the old number, but it's frustrating, and I can't even get to an agent during these times.

Had to create a new account to be able to ask here. How do I get around this authentication loop?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mphjklqw

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal. You'll need to contact customer service in order to deactivate the security key.

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.