Loss money when sent to myself from old to new account

Jido5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

So i have around RM240 (ringgit) in my Malaysian account when i decided to close it down and open a new PayPal account in UK (currently residing in UK). 1. So i transferred the money to my UK phone number,

2. Received an SMS with transaction link (but didnt clicked as i havent opened a UK account),

3. Received an email with the transaction details,

4. Closed the Malaysian account and opened a UK account (using the same email i used for the Malaysian account which now has been closed)

but the money didn't get to the new account despite confirming the email and phone number. Now i dont know where the money is. I contacted PayPal but the UK side mentioned this 

" Thank you so much for providing the transaction ID. I double checked your UK account and I could not find the transaction you have provided. It might be that the transaction you provided is linked to the Malaysian Account. It would be best that you contact PayPal Malaysia to get the information you would need about the transaction. "

Now i cant get to Malaysian PayPal as my account has been closed! Please help!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jido5 

What currency did you send to your UK paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jido5
Contributor
Contributor

i sent it in RM @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

Jido5
Contributor
Contributor

And technically the UK account hasnt been created yet. I sent the payment to my UK number (which i got an SMS from PayPal with link to the payment, but after i opened the UK account, the link is broken)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jido5 

Sorry but you can't send a payment to an account that you have not set up yet.

Also a UK accounts default currency is GBP so to accept another currency you would have to add it as a receiving currency to that paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jido5
Contributor
Contributor
So I’m not sure where the money went to now. Its not in my UK account and my Malaysian account has been closed (before closing down the account is empty after i did the transfer)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.