Login in issue - i dont have a cell-phone (traveling)

levi182
New Community Member

Hey all!

I do not have a cell phone at the moment, i deactivated it since i started traveling. Im forced to write a code i dont have access to.....any solution? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@levi182

You would need to contact customer services so that they can verify you via your security questions etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@levi182

You would need to contact customer services so that they can verify you via your security questions etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Links22
New Community Member
There seems to be no way PayPal can help me with my issue. I am in Mexico for two months and want to use my PayPal account to pay for the condo I am staying in. I log in fine. I see the requested payment from the owner. I go in to use my credit card to pay the requested amount but them I am stymied by a simple security verification. The system wants to send a text to my phone on record but I have a Mexican sim caRd and data plan. I have tried changing my account phone number to a long distance number (001 52 number) but it won't let me. I've tried replacing my Canadian sim card but I still cannot receive their texts. I've called PayPal and they say they can't do anything about this security check. Not even if they ask me the security questions. What the heck is the use of having a PayPal account? Needless to say I'm not happy. I understand security is to protect me. I get and appreciate that. Bit there has to be a way of verifying who I am and then getting me the ability to send money with my credit card.
Login to Me Too

Cellphoneless
New Community Member

I just spent more than an hour on the phone with PayPal (two long waits, with a failed connection when I did get through the first time) trying to find out how to get into my account without having to go out and buying a cellphone, which I don't need. The PayPal call center employee told me that it's not possible without a cellphone. This seems wrong-headed and not at all customer-friendly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.