Login impossible because of outdated phone number

LeoLeoLeo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody,

I'm currently on a stay abroad in the US and tried to log in to my old paypal account. Unfortunately I can't access it because I will receive a confirmation SMS with a code to an outdated number of mine. Therefore I have no access to my account and I'm unable to change anything. Do you got any ideas how I can solve the problem or at least reach paypal? I tried the e-mail option and the live chat but both are down. I would try to avoid calling due to the high costs.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @LeoLeoLeo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

It sounds like our systems need additional verification to let you access your account. If you cannot complete that process, your best option would be to call our Customer Service and complete the verification with one of our agents over the phone. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.