Login Notification with Every Transaction

ChronicDoodles
Contributor
Contributor

Today and yesterday I made PayPal transactions on my Windows 10 laptop. Both times, I received a notification from PayPal that there was a login on a new device and that I should review my account activity if it isn't me. Yesterday, I was sure that someone had gotten ahold of my account info because I have used my laptop for PayPal before and the notification said a Windows 8 desktop was used. I changed my password, enabled two-step verification, and set my account to log out of all devices. I checked my account activity and nothing was out of the ordinary. Today, when I received the same notification, I wondered if it is just a bug. Today's notification had the same information - login on a new device, specifically a Windows 8 desktop - but I never received a verification message for the supposed new device (I did, however, when I logged in myself). Yesterday, the notification was sent about fifteen minutes after the transaction; today, it was sent only a minute after. Both notifications also say that the device is in the same state as I am and used the same browser. Both transactions were made with the same company, in case that matters. Should I be concerned? Some of the details indicate an issue with security, but most indicate that there is some sort of bug with the notifications. I just don't understand why, if it is just notifying me of my own logins, it would think I have a different operating system or even think it's a different device when I've used this device before.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Joy

Hi @ChronicDoodles,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue when using your PayPal account. You could be receiving this notification if it has been awhile since you've used your PayPal account, or if the transactions you are making or not in line with your usual transactions. I suggest clearing your cache and cookies before the next transaction you make, to see if this helps with the issue.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

ChronicDoodles
Contributor
Contributor

I thought that it might have been freaking out about my laptop for some reason, but every message says the new device is a Windows 8 OS, which has me concerned because that is not the one I use. I'm not sure how PayPal could think my device has a different OS, but I also don't know how anyone else would log in without triggering a verification through the 2-step process.

Login to Me Too

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

This is also happening to me. Started on 05/26. I receive roughly one email a day. Thus far customer service hasn't been much of a help.

Login to Me Too

fooleeze
New Community Member

I'm seeing the same thing.  I have two paypal accounts, one personal and one business, and they are each getting multiple emails a day with a 'login notification.'  I, too, changed my password, but it continued.  I've got a financial planning app that I use to connect to all of my accounts, and I suspect that it is being generated when that is updating data.  Any idea how to turn that off?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.