cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into my account without my mobile phone

Highlighted
Contributor

Logging into my account without my mobile phone

Note: This is not my usual account, I've made a new one to ask this question.

So I've (temporarily) lost access to my mobile phone (for the next 2 weeks) and wish to log into my Paypal account, however there is no option to receive a code via e-mail; how would I go about doing this?

I've e-mailed their support twice (through this link) and the first time, I was given a copy-paste message that was meaningless to me. The second time, however, I was told that they left me a message in my 'Message Centre' Inbox which, of course, I cannot access.

Thanks,

~ Dawood

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Logging into my account without my mobile phone

I guess I'm a 'me too' also on this, but not because I lost my phone, I simply don't have one.  On the PayPal login page, once you enter your ID and password, you're then prompted to add a mobile number.  If  you don't have one, that's as far as you get.  Used to be there was a 'skip this step' option on the page, but no more.  So despite the fact that mobile phones are ubiquitous, there must be a solution for the Luddites among us who limp through life without one.

I was urged by one Help Agent to simply change my password, but that didn't help, of course.  HELP!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Logging into my account without my mobile phone

pay pal wants to use my old phone number to send me a text. ibdont have that number anymore i changed it in my profile.