Logging into account (forgot password)

Cjenre
Contributor
Contributor
I forgot my password to my old account so I clicked forgot password and chose to recover by email , typed in the 6 digit code then instead of resetting my password it wanted to verify by mobile aswell... however the mobile number is my old cellphone number... is there anyway around this? Can I call PayPal and maybe they can resolve this? Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Per_Camp
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Cjenre ,

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and to answer your question, I know how important for you to access your account, you can call our customer service team for further assistance or you can click the link below to raise your problem.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

I hope it helps and stays safe.

Login to Me Too

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Cjenre

It sounds like you're facing a security challenge here that is being triggered by your current location. You may want to try again but most likely it will try the challenge by mobile again. 

We will certainly do our best to help but you would really need to contact us directly by phone to resolve something like this. Please bear in mind that phone lines are limited. You can also check out the contact link at the bottom of our homepage for alternative options. 

You definitely need to reset your password and update your personal information. I'm afraid we're unable to do this by email or through the community forum, you see.

I'm sure my colleagues will have you back into your account in no time at all 🙂

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.