kelembribor21
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved an email regarding the  possibly inactivity fees for my Paypal account.

When trying to log in, after successful password and mail  I encountered an issue that I can't log into because the two steps where "Authentication required" by SMS or Call are failing.

I checked with my phone provider by looking  one solution thread and they said that my phone is available to receive such authenticator messages ( like Blizzard).

Even when trying to make new account, it is unable to pass stage where it requires sms authentication.
Please advise or direct me how to reach customer support through email so I they can help in logging my account.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kelembribor21
Contributor
Contributor

Today I was able to log in site , only sms option verification was enabled. Message got received in Screened Messages folder and security number worked.

Thread is solved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kelembribor21
Contributor
Contributor

When attempting to receive sms through pc, since mobile phone is near to pc speakers there is vibration that usually preludes to call or sms, but nothing is received.

Login to Me Too

kelembribor21
Contributor
Contributor

Looked in  Screened messages folder and found that all were received there and they each expired after 10 minutes, but currently I don't have an option to select SMS verification when trying to log in my account. 

Since yesterday for about 15 hours, when attempting to log in I get no sms verification or call options, just message in red tinted box:

We're sorry, we can't log you in. Contact customer service for more help, or try logging in again.

That links to https://www.paypal.com/rs/smarthelp/home which again requires log in to be able the access to the support...

Login to Me Too
Solved

kelembribor21
Contributor
Contributor

Today I was able to log in site , only sms option verification was enabled. Message got received in Screened Messages folder and security number worked.

Thread is solved.

Login to Me Too

ovidiufenesan
New Community Member

I have same issue as long on my settings is my old monile # which ctualy is not in use, HOW I CAN CHANGE WITH MY NEW MOBILE #

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ovidiufenesan 

Try:

1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.

2. Use the forgotten password option several times.

3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).

4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.

5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.