Locked out of paypal for 72 hours. "sorry we couldn't confirm it's you"

tr33
Contributor
Contributor

We're sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you.

...is the message I was greeted with when trying to pay for an Ebay item today, 4.8.21. Spoke to them over the phone and two different people gave strange reasons for the account trouble after i answered their questions. I was given no reasons why the account is now frozen. I can't sign in at all to Paypal.

Why has this happened ?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tr33 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tr33
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal obviously dislike me and people who only link a land-line phone to their account. Even though it's been 2 factor authenticated many times, access is still denied. Spoke to several customer support people and they all promise to help and then nothing happens. They've had my details for years, know who and where I am. All I get is the run around. The old corporate PR marketing dance. And no access. I can use Ebay without paypal which is what they want but are too cowardly to explain that openly.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tr33 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tr33
Contributor
Contributor

Still can't access my Paypal account. I only have a land line and will not buy a mobile phone just to be able to link with Paypal. There's no money in the Paypal account but it's linked to my bank account. I can't even sign in to delete the account if required. Although the bank would probably block it if asked. An unused account is probably ripe for stealing.

--Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.--- = No. My land line is already linked.

--Tried logging in again but when the authetication button appears to call my land line and enter a 4 digit number it fails to call. Tried several times.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tr33 

If you are not going to add a mobile phone to your account then its unlikely you will be able to continue using Paypal, so maybe consider closing your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tr33
Contributor
Contributor

So how do I access the account to be able to close it ? Leaving it open is a security risk. Why is Paypal not helping ?

Login to Me Too

tr33
Contributor
Contributor

I have access to my account after logging in through the help section info pages. This could be a time delayed response to the initial ebay transaction fail. I don't know. I'll find out for sure with the next transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.