Locked account

Gavlar99
New Community Member
I set up my PayPal in 2004, as this was a new thing I stupidly used my then wife's name for the set up all other details bank acc ect were mine and have since divorced. I'm now in a predicament where my account is locked with money in and providing I'd verification is pointless because it will get rejected, I did try to close my account to set up a new one but as there's money in there I'm unable to do so, customer service is non existing with this Covid issue... Can anyone please help me out?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gavlar99 

Sadly the account and anything in it belongs to the person named on the account.

The only thing you can do is ask your buyers to open disputes for non receipt of item that you won't contest and then when they have refunds they can pay again to any new account you open in your own name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gavlar99 

Sadly the account and anything in it belongs to the person named on the account.

The only thing you can do is ask your buyers to open disputes for non receipt of item that you won't contest and then when they have refunds they can pay again to any new account you open in your own name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.