Locked Out Of My Account - Unable To Contact Support - Falsely Accused Of Suspicious Activity?

Blake0705
Contributor
Contributor

Recently my PayPal had began to act up, saying that I was unable to access my funds, transfer money, etc, and asked for verification. I figured this to just be something routine, so I provided the info after a few days, as I had to wait for an updated bank statement to attach, but as far as I could tell, that was all fine and dandy, I sent in the stuff for the verification, and waited for a response. Then, on Thursday, 1/10/2020, I get this reply, with no further context or info as to why I'm having my account shut down:

"For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimise any disruption to your business.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Daanish
PayPal"

This completely has thrown me off guard, since there's no reason my account should come up as suspicious, I pay certain bills with it, I shop online, I transfer money to friends and family if they need it through PayPal, and I use it to receive money from friends and from my streaming. Instead I start seeing support articles and info from the automated help assistant saying that it's shutting it down because of money laundering? I've never been more confused as to why my normal behaviour I've had with PayPal for months has suddenly become suspicious like this, and the worst part is, because I've been "shut down" it won't let me into half of the regular contact channels for PayPal Support to actually try and resolve this, and the automated help bot just tells me to contact during business hours, which at the time of writing this, it IS normal business hours. I'm at a loss, I'm distraught, I have no clue why this is happening to me, and it's causing me so many problems as I have urgent upcoming bills that I pay through PayPal, and I can no longer give money to my friends and family in need, nor can I receive any or even withdraw my funds!

After struggling with the no-help support bot, it suggested I try the PayPal Community, I'm not even sure if there's any ways that you all can help, I'm hoping maybe by posting here I can find at least some sort of advice to actually even just get in contact with an actual person at support to try and lift this shut down, because I don't know what else to do.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.