Linking suspicious eBay to PayPal

Bahir
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys I was using ebay which was link to a PayPal account and that PayPal is limited since one year, now I got another PayPal that doesn't belong to same person to whom the previous PayPal belonged, but the eBay is same and I want to link this eBay to this new PayPal account that I got, so is it going to cause the new PayPal to get limited as well ? Will PayPal find out it is the same person ? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jae

That's a good question @Bahir,

Once you link your own PayPal account to your own eBay, your experience will be a lot smoother. For security reasons, it is not recommended to use someone else's online accounts. 

- Jae

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bahir,

Thank you for your post. If the previous PayPal account belonged to you, opening a new account would not be permitted. Even if the account was not under your name, if you ever conducted business through that account, you may be held responsible for that limitation as well. If you never used that account and the only link that you have with the owner of that account is the eBay ID, I would recommend that you get your own eBay ID and not share it with anyone else. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bahir
Contributor
Contributor
The previous PayPal belonged to my brother in Europe, this new belongs to my friend. Will my friend's PayPal also get limited because me ? Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

Hi @Bahir

It will be best if you use your own PayPal account and eBay ID to avoid complications. I apologize if this causes an inconvenience. 

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Bahir
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, if i get my own PayPal and link this Ebay will it make problem to my Ebay? Thank you
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Jae

That's a good question @Bahir,

Once you link your own PayPal account to your own eBay, your experience will be a lot smoother. For security reasons, it is not recommended to use someone else's online accounts. 

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.