Link bank account my money

AbiSac
Contributor
Contributor

I used eBay and to sell some items as a result PayPal has my money from the sale. I Do not have an actual PayPal card. PayPal has my Bank account information, yet they have not transferred the money to my bank account. They say the reason why they have not is because of something involving my identity, yet every time I try to verify my identity with official documents they will not accept them. They are claiming that this is because my account is under a shortened version of my name a “nickname” I do not know how this happened in the first place and if course I have no official ID with my “nickname” on it to submit. There is a link on thier page which is designed to allow a person to fix this problem but I have tried and customer service agents just block me at every turn. I don’t know what to do and I know they have my full info on file (bank account) because a I as told by multiple sources within both eBay and PayPal that they have it. This is very upsetting and frustrating and any help would be very much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AbiSac 

Have to contact customer service to let you update your name on the account. Since your account seems to be limited for verification, its not letting you  to change it through your account.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording. 

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with or is not helping you, hang up and call again.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AbiSac
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried to talk someone, at PayPal, but I am not sure it is though the same portal you are speaking of. Are there different portals? Because if not I have already tried that is why I am asking for help here.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.