Limited account | Change name

Vmoyová22
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community. My name is Viktoria M. As first sorry for my bad english but I'll try my best. So my problem is this account been created 2 years ago by my brother (He added his own name /not 18y old/ ) like 1 year ago I started to selling and buying stuffs and I received money to paypal. Now in 11.2.2019 account got limited, means I can't withdraw money or pay on paypal. So I want to ask is it possible to rename account name to my name, bank cards what's are added on account both card is on my name V. M. Back to limited account.. Paypal want's to send identity about account owner but as far my brother is not 18, I want to ask is it possible to make account to my name or something like Parents account. I asking you community because it gonna be 7 days and still not received any respond from paypal.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vmoyová22 

You can't change a paypal account to another persons name.

If your brother supplies information then they will see he is under 18 and the account will be permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vmoyová22
Contributor
Contributor

So what can I do now ? V.M.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vmoyová22 

Your best bet is to open a paypal account in your own name with your own bank accounts and cards linked and with your own email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi Vmoyová22,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community forums for advice. I understand that your brother's account was limited because he is not yet 18 years old. I'm sorry that happened but as kernowlass said, PayPal does not generally transfer ownership of an account unless it is a business account with legal business documents. If there is a balance in the account, that will be held for up to 180 days to minimize any potential risk of loss due to disputes or chargebacks that may be filed during that period. After 180 days, your brother will be be notified that they can withdraw the balance.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Vmoyová22
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Rich Thank you for your answer. So if I understand it good after 180 days my brother will be able to withdraw money that's on account to bank, but he will still not able to pay, just withdraw. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vmoyová22 

advice edited and removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vmoyová22
Contributor
Contributor

Hey again, 180 days already passed and I still didn't get email about withdrawing money after 180 days.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vmoyová22 

Its your brothers account and not yours so he would get the email after 180 days as long as he is 18 by then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vmoyová22
Contributor
Contributor

So wait, if I understand it right.. he need to be 18 and after 180 days ? And I know he didn't get email because he told me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.