Like a never ending cycle!

Binxy666
Contributor
Contributor
My account has been suspended because I need to confirm my identity, only I didn't use my real name because I'm a streamer. I used to use my real name, but someone found out my real name by donating to my original paypal. So I lodged a claim to change my name to my real name, again, and I've been submitting information they've requested for weeks now. Every bit of information they've asked for, I've given, but they haven't changed anything. I also have funds in my PayPal that I need, but can't get access to because they've suspended my account. It's also hard because some of the information they ask for, I'm unable to submit because the app or website won't let me upload it. So. Any help? Please? If it's not resolved by the 20th then further restrictions will be put on my account.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Vict_oria
New Community Member
Same here. I have money in my old account which i have tried in vain to log into, as paypal insist on sending verification code to my old number that I no longer have or have access to, either by calling it or sending a text to it. Its sad that Paypal as big as it is does not provide any other option such as sending the code to email or other verification details like favourite pet name etc so enable one can login and update mobile number. They dont respond to emails and calling them is quite expensive and in the end digital assostants dont help at all should you be rich enough to make that call. I dont understand why something that appear to be simple to solve, especially when it involves money deposited in paypal account, can be unsolvable. It looks like if you ever loose your phone thats the end of your papal account because there will be no other way to receive verification codes or to log into your account anymore regardless of how much is in your account. Its very distressing especially at this COVID19 era where people are out of employment and some can barely afford basic essential like food and want to help each other by sending money instantly. But when you realise that the once-trusted paypal doesnt care much about that its very distressing. Whats the point of having verification questions when these cant be accepted in crisis time? I have been forced to open a new paypal account but then whats gonna happen to the money in my old account. Well, looks like nobody cares!, thats my loss then? I think Paypal needs to do something about this matter or inform how else money in an unaccessible account can be rightfully accessed as the matter cant just be left like that.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Binxy666 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vict_oria 

Its sad you didn't keep your contact information up to date OR see the message that has been on paypal accounts for weeks reminding folks to check their contact information because this policy is coming in.

Guess you don't want an easy solution on how to resolve the problem as you have already opened another paypal account.

Hope you don't have x2 of the same type or you risk them both being limited. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Binxy666
Contributor
Contributor
But... You can change your name. It literally has it in the options you were referring to. You have a legal name change, a name correction (where if you accidentally spelled your name wrong, you can change 1-3 letters in your name), or a name correction, where if you started out using a nickname, like I have, you can send documents with your real name to change it. Trust me. I've been through those settings more times than I care to mention.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Binxy666 

Read the reply from a paypal moderator in this post.

There was a glitch and the option to change from a nickname was included but it was incorrect as you have never been able to do that.

I have been on here for 10 years and no one has ever been able to change a name from a nickname to their legal name.

SCROLL DOWN TO PAYPAL OLIVIAS POST.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Is-it-possible-to-change-a-first-quot-fake-quot-name/...

Also...

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-faq926

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.