Lifting EU Receiving Limit - calling all Business Account owners!

SeekTheTruth
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to all.  If you’ve recently set up a new Business Account like me,  I’d greatly appreciate to hear from you about whether your own experiences with it are the same as mine?

I’m trying to complete the setup of my new Business Account.  The following steps have all been successfully completed, as confirmed in my account settings etc. when I log in.

1. Provided all requested personal & business details, e.g. names, phone, addresses etc.  

2. Added my business Bank Account & Debit Card - now both confirmed & verified by PP.

The account now looks to be initially useable at least - i.e. I can Send, Receive & Withdraw funds.  All good so far then…

However… there's one final step that has me pulling my hair out! 😂 - I need to lift the EU Receiving Limit.  It’s currently set to just above £2000.  In case you didn't know, this is the initial limit that’s placed on new accounts, dictated by EU law, in order to prevent money laundering fraud etc.  Fine, I accept this could be a necessary precaution.

In order to lift that Receiving Limit, the account owner must first provide their ID & Address verification documents.  Fine, I have mine ready to send.  A PP tutorial video shows you how to do so.

The problem:-

It doesn’t work!  When you hit the Lift Limits button on your Limits page, it wrongly opens the ‘Link a Bank Account’ page, instead of the page where you can upload your documents (photo driver license, utility bill etc.).

This happens even after you’ve already successfully linked & confirmed your Bank Account.   I even tried just re-linking the same bank account at that point, which does again confirm you’ve linked it but then only takes you back to the normal Money page.  Around in circles we go!…

After numerous messages & emails, when I eventually got any responses, so far no-one is understanding or acknowledging that this is a real problem happening because of a site bug.  Clearly none of them has actually tried it for themselves from within an account login.  The replies I get are always not in context with my own messages about it.  

Instead, I keep getting the same copied & pasted instructions on what to do, as if I'm not understanding or checking.  Following these instructions simply doesn’t work and only brings you back to the same problem.

So, can anyone else here confirm this is not just me and it really is a technical problem that urgently needs fixing?

I so do not want to begin using the new account before this Receiving Limit has been lifted, else the business damage could be major if I run into the same problem and delays later on, especially if I exceed this initial receiving limit and the account then has a limitation placed on it.   I'd rather scrap the business now than run it with that risk.

Also, if you did run into the same problem and got round it somehow, please enlighten me about how?

Thanks for reading and any help,

Paul.

PS: my account is set up as a Sole Trader in the UK.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SeekTheTruth
Contributor
Contributor

… and just to add a strong health warning here - if you don’t already know how much your current Receiving Limit is, be sure to check it a.s.a.p.  Avoid a nasty surprise.  

Otherwise, you could suddenly break through the limit without even realising and trigger an account limitation.   From all I’ve read by others, it can take days, weeks or even months to get that resolved, if at all.  In the meantime your business PP activity could be crippled and your funds made inaccessible!  

Even if you do get notified by PP in advance that your receiving limit is being approached, there’s no guarantee you can then get verified in time to avoid a meltdown.  There are numerous potential gotchas with getting your documents accepted and the limit lifted.

Login to Me Too

caffeculturale
New Community Member

I have the sam bug problem, but to be honest I cannot understand what the reply is talking about. Why we have a security problem? Can you explain better? It seems just a bug, no?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.