Letter received in another name

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

I received a letter in the post from Paypal this morning, which is oddly addressed in my ex husband's name!  My ex husband has never lived at this address, I remarried 6 years ago and moved here 4 years ago.

I have never shared a paypal account with anyone else and never shared a bank account with anyone, even whilst married. I have never shared an email address, either.

How can this be?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Vijay_Rangari
Contributor
Contributor

I tried filing a complaint so they investigate and I included names & addresses shown on the 3 letters I just got yesterday.

I got an AI response message from Bistro telling me to correct my address on their system. My address is correct.

The 3 Letters were addressed to my house number and road and town, but to people with 3 different names and slightly different post codes.

I have lived here since before Paypal started so they can't be correct.

It seems there is no way to actually talk to a person at Paypal. I'll close my account and just use my credit card in future if I don't get any meaningful response this week.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.