Legal name update

Faye39
Contributor
Contributor

Everytime I upload proof of my name change, I just get a red triangle and please try again. I follow the instructions as directed but having no joy? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Faye39,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty uploading documents. Please make sure that the file size is less than 2MB, the file type is one of the ones listed on the upload page, that the file name is fewer than 40 characters, and does not contain a string of numbers.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Faye39
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Olivia, I've just checked all of those factors but unfortunately it's still just telling me to 'please try again'. Are there any more possible reasons for this? Thank you. Faye.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Faye39,

Those are the ones I know of. I'm sorry that's not working out for you. Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and restart the browser. If the issue persists, please reach out to customer service for further assistance.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TriBeCaNative
New Community Member

-site will come back with home page log in - Log In

-site should have new upload page 

upload is ONE document at a time - upload,  check off ID, hit send-

repeat for Contact info on letterhead, upload, hit send 

repeat for Other (SSN), upload hit send 

somehow this link minimizes the string of characters created in the upload 🙂 

Then go to chat or call center and let them know you uploaded the documents with this Link - they will be able too see immediately if they were received 

Login to Me Too

TriBeCaNative
New Community Member

My file name was 3 characters, it was the correct size - still no luck until I got rep on phone:-Log into PayPal.com/eebr 

-site will come back with home page log in - Log In

-site should have new upload page 

upload is ONE document at a time - upload,  check off ID, hit send-

repeat for Contact info on letterhead, upload, hit send 

repeat for Other (SSN), upload hit send 

somehow this link minimizes the string of characters created in the upload 🙂 

Then go to chat or call center and let them know you uploaded the documents with this Link - they will be able too see immediately if they were received 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.