Last Name Change

Ezmeekuzz
Contributor
Contributor

Good day! I have a big problem regarding my paypal account. I wanted to change my last name since I mistakenly applied my middle name instead of my last name. I want to change it but paypal requirements is not applicable in me since I'm a guy and I don't have marriage certificate or deed poll and the other option is to change only 2 characters but my last name consist of 7. How can I change it into my real last name instead of my middle name? What is the accurate solution for this? Thank You in Advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezmeekuzz 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from an incorrect name to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ezmeekuzz 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from an incorrect name to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported. If the account is not currently limited, you may wish to close the account and open an account using the correct information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

irene53
Contributor
Contributor
what if theres a money inside my account and no bank was linked to it. can i closed account and can still use my money? i have restrictions now. paypal is not allowing me to receive send nor refund the money i received,
Login to Me Too

faithsmith
New Community Member

Can I use the same email address as the one I used before?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.