Keeps asking me to give a phone number either to text or call but I don't have access to a phone?

Kdogdavenport
Contributor
Contributor
Keeps asking me to give a phone number either to text or call but I don't have access to a phone?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kdogdavenport 

Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

So you would need to add one, once you have re-accessed your Paypal account.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kdogdavenport 

Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

So you would need to add one, once you have re-accessed your Paypal account.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kdogdavenport
Contributor
Contributor
So I did as you said and called and was told to be a Pay Pal member I have to have a phone! So that they can verify my account for security purposes. Problem is that nowhere in the terms or privacy policy does it state that you have to have a phone to be a Pay Pal customer? I wouldn't have created an account if that was a stipulation to owning an account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kdogdavenport 

Well i did say you would need to add one once you had regained access to your account didn't i?

And yes it said a while ago in the policy updates you would need to add a mobile phone + there has been a warning on paypal accounts for weeks before the policy was bought in reminding you to update or add a mobile phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.