Keeping data when closing out account

Labarynth
New Community Member
I cannot change the Country code of my phone number as it is specific to the country where PayPal was setup and I now reside in a different Country. If I close out my account and recreate with same email to my existing country what happens to all my data, money balance etc. Is there some way I can retain this with the new setup TIA
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Labarynth 

You won't be able to access that information after account closure and you must have a zero balance to close an account. So add a new email address to be the primary email address of your old account and keep the account open for reference and then remove the email address you want to use for the new account.

Once you have the new account open, you can PayPal any money you have in your old account to your new account (currency exchange/conversion fees apply).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Labarynth 

You won't be able to access that information after account closure and you must have a zero balance to close an account. So add a new email address to be the primary email address of your old account and keep the account open for reference and then remove the email address you want to use for the new account.

Once you have the new account open, you can PayPal any money you have in your old account to your new account (currency exchange/conversion fees apply).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.