Joined Under 18, but said I was 18.

Rogue112
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, I made a PayPal account when I was under 18, but I made my account so that it said I was 18 (DOB 2002). I didn't know at the time that a Student account was possible, so I made it say I was 18. I also didn't realise at the time that I would need stuff like ID and Birth Certificate, which all says that I'm under 18. So all I want to do is either close the account and make a new one when I'm 18, or reopen the same account as a student account. Obviously I haven't finished the confirm identity stuff yet because my Birth Certificate says I'm under 18, so I don't know what to do. How can I fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rogue112 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18. There is no such thing as a student account anymore. 
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless you contact them and request funds being sent to a parents Paypal account, not guaranteed however.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.