Issues with login

PsyZed
New Community Member

I have an issue with logging into my PayPal account. I registered to PayPal many years ago when I was living in Hungary. I was not using the service and I connected it to my Hungarian phone number. I moved to Thailand three years ago and unfortunately my old Hungarian number became deactivated as I was not using it. I tried to log in to PayPal but every time I go through the email/password screen, the system blocks me to log in as it wants to send an OTP messages through SMS to my non-existing number. I can not get help from support until I logged in and I am lost at the moment. Is there any way to clarify my identity and ask PayPal to register my new Thai phone number to use their services? It is unacceptable that I am not able to change this and can not contact no one. I have similar results with the app and I am locked out.

Best Regards:
Zoltan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PsyZed 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.