Issue with updating my real name

Dibeeec
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I have a problem with updating my real name. I created paypal account in 2017 using the "fake name", most likely it was my nickname on other platforms and I was called by my friends, who used my "fake name" at primary school. So I decided that I'll change my name using my goverment document identification card. I took a photo of it and both pictures (frontside and backside) uploaded. Then I click on "Send", It's still loading, then error occured and it says "Retry", but I'm trying all the time. Can someone help me, how can I change my nickname to my real name ? Thanks for help and sorry for my eng.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dibeeec 

If you use a fake name on a legal financial account then you can't change it to another name.

The documents you are uploading have to either prove the name on the account matches the name on your paypal account OR prove that you have legally changed it to or from the name on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dibeeec
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I didnt link my financial account yet, so it's all about my paypayl account and my fake name on it.

Login to Me Too

Nancy-75
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. When I try to upload documents of my real name in PayPal, I receive an error message. Why is this such a pain? They should have a call center in country. This is so frustrating, dealing with AI and automated responses.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.