Issue with receiving payment and cancelling business account setup

Simon_Griffiths
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so I have 2 issues, the first one is a few month ago I started transforming my PayPal account into a business account but then realized I didn't need to to that and so I wanted to cancel this but I have not been able so if anyone could inform me on how I can cancel that it would be helpful.
The second issue is that I currently own a Minecraft server and I made a store for it and so far one person has purchased something on it, however a second person wanted to buy something on it as well but they have been unable to do so due to a problem with my account

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

roddel
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Simon_Griffiths 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Simon_Griffiths
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure how to add my country to my comunity profile but so you know its Switzerland

Login to Me Too

roddel
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Simon_Griffiths 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Secondly it sounds as if its more likely to be an issue with the buyer rather than your account.

Some digital / virtual sales requires card funded payments as they are safer (for paypal) and so if the buyer is trying to use a funding source that paypal think is riskier they may block it going through.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.