Issue about too many login attempts

User12523
New Community Member

Hello,

I'd need urgent help with the following problem:

Our company account has seemingly been disabled due to too many login attempts. The password was not remembered correctly. 

This is usually not a big deal: you go to the "Forgot password?" link, and follow the re-authentication process.

We did that, but after entering the security code sent to our company email address, the PayPal system asked for a final round of verification via phone. They'd call us, and we should enter a 4 digit security code on the phone. Unfortunately, the phone number we had given on the account has been cancelled a long time ago, and there is no other option to finish the verification process. 

We tried to restart the whole thing, but eventually, our account got blocked. Or the IP address I'm trying to access PayPal.

If I start the password renewal again, the system instantly drops me to an error page and suggests to contact support with a link to the help centre. But due to the COVID-19, there's no phone support either. Email support is only available via logging in. After 30 minutes of going around in loops, I can't seem to find any solutions.

What shall I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @User12523 

Welcome to the Paypal Community. Thank you for patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we're here.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You'll need to contact customer service in order to check your account.

Hope this helps. Please stay safe.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.