Is it possible hide my full name from the paypal.me link?

PrimaveraC
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be giving out the paypal.me link to people for them to pay me for certain items I'm selling them, however because I'll be selling them to strangers online, I don't want them to know my full name. If we can already create a url with whatever name we want, why does it have to show our full name?  It's an invasion of privacy. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PrimaveraC

So you 'expect' to be able to see the full names and addresses of your buyers but object to them having the same rights to see your name?

I also hope you are not using a friends / family paypal.me link to 'sell' using Paypal, if you are then you risk your account being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PrimaveraC
Contributor
Contributor

When it comes to the sort of thing I'm selling, yes. It's extremely sensitive, something I'd rather not have linked to my real name so people can know.

I'm not, it's a business paypal.me. The name in the url is the name associated with my business, so it's the name buyers will know me as. I don't want my real, full name associated with what I'm selling.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.