Insufficient funds

Maggaroonie
Contributor
Contributor
When I have insufficient funds in my PayPal account, money is automatically drawn from my bank to cover the funds. Can I change from my bank to the credit card on file? So that when there are insufficient funds in my PayPal account the money is taken out of my credit card?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maggaroonie 

Go to the Wallet page and set the PayPal balance or a credit card as the preferred payment method for online purchases.

When you make purchase, the PayPal balance will be pre-selected and the system may ask you to select a back up (credit card) funding source.

If you have credit card set as preferred, that will be pre-selected at checkout and you can always select a different source at checkout regardless.

Always take your time to read the checkout screens for fine print and double check your payment method carefully during checkout to avoid errors. Mistakes cost money these days.

Be sure to adjust your pre-approved payments' and billing agreements' funding sources, too as they are independent of the PayPal Wallet settings.

Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements.

1. Click Settings at the top of the page.
  2. Click Payments.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Select the merchant's name or email address on the left.
  5. Click Cancel or Pencil icon to edit on the right.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maggaroonie
Contributor
Contributor
Problem solved! Thank you so much for the help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.