Inquiry about PayPal Business Account

FreeElement
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Members,

1. I want to have frequent sales on my website. Can I have the PayPal Payment button on my website using my Personal Account?

2. If my company is not officially registered, can I open a Business Account?

3. What official documents are required to open and activate a Business Account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FreeElement 

1. When you get to the part called More about your business, you will see "What is the business type?" question, select "Individual". Then select the business category that best describe your business, then select the country where your business is formed. Then you choose your Nationality and enter your home address which is where your PayPal account is based and subject to PayPal the terms and conditions pertaining to that country. Then there will be more innocuous information needed about your business which you should be able to answer. PayPal has official youtube videos on how to open accounts so feel free to search on youtube if you need more information.

2. Linking a bank account is a pretty basic account task and is self explanatory with some minor exploring of the interface once you get the account open. You can use PayPal buttons, PayPal shopping cart , PayPal Smart buttons or integrate PayPal checkout of your web store with those with advanced web development skills. You may have to upgrade from a personal to a business account for certain services/configurations.

3. Maybe so, maybe no. Because US currently have sanctions/a beef going on with Iran, you can't even sell a rug made in Iran that a friend gifted to you after holidaying there with PayPal, so you'll have to ask PayPal customer service about that:

Contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

4. No, PayPal does not offer services in Turkey at all. If you are based there, you may not open a PayPal account under any other country. Services are closed off completely.

5. Again, PayPal accounts are country specific so that is not possible. Country of bank has to be the same country as your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FreeElement 

1. Yes. Since you didn't say what country you're based in that not all PayPal accounts are able to receive money. To find out, see this page and select your country.

2. Yes, as an individual.

3. Papers registered with the state (local/federal) of your business type (corporation, limited liability company, sole proprietorship, etc). See acceptable document list here (USA): 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/cip-acceptable-documents-guidelines-faq4007

Login to Me Too

FreeElement
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Dear  Sharpiemarker,

Thank you for your thorough response.

1. When I try to open a Business Account, PayPal makes inquiries about the company? How can I skip these stages and open the account as an individual?

2. How can I link a bank account to my personal PayPal account? And how can I have the payment gateway on my website when my account is personal?

3. Can an Iranian national open a business account in China and link the account to their account in a Chinese bank?

4. Does PayPal offer services in Turkey?

5. Can I link a PayPal account made in one Country (China) to a bank account made in another country (Turkey)?

Thank you in advance for your patience in answering my questions.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FreeElement 

1. When you get to the part called More about your business, you will see "What is the business type?" question, select "Individual". Then select the business category that best describe your business, then select the country where your business is formed. Then you choose your Nationality and enter your home address which is where your PayPal account is based and subject to PayPal the terms and conditions pertaining to that country. Then there will be more innocuous information needed about your business which you should be able to answer. PayPal has official youtube videos on how to open accounts so feel free to search on youtube if you need more information.

2. Linking a bank account is a pretty basic account task and is self explanatory with some minor exploring of the interface once you get the account open. You can use PayPal buttons, PayPal shopping cart , PayPal Smart buttons or integrate PayPal checkout of your web store with those with advanced web development skills. You may have to upgrade from a personal to a business account for certain services/configurations.

3. Maybe so, maybe no. Because US currently have sanctions/a beef going on with Iran, you can't even sell a rug made in Iran that a friend gifted to you after holidaying there with PayPal, so you'll have to ask PayPal customer service about that:

Contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

4. No, PayPal does not offer services in Turkey at all. If you are based there, you may not open a PayPal account under any other country. Services are closed off completely.

5. Again, PayPal accounts are country specific so that is not possible. Country of bank has to be the same country as your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.