Incorrect Email Address Associated with Account

alanh3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community,

I accidentally used an email address ending in paypal.com instead of gmail.com (the correct one). eBay already sent money to this account but I still haven't received it. The problem is that the paypal.com is not a valid address and doesn't exist and therefore, I cannot confirm it in my Paypal account. eBay tells me that the funds are in an unclaimed status on their end.

Any help?

Thank you,

Alan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alanh3

Since the email address is invalid, eventually the unclaimed funds will return back to eBay's PayPal account in 30 days. You'll need to contact eBay to cancel that payment and let them know your correct email address. Be sure to update it in your eBay account if necessary.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alanh3

Since the email address is invalid, eventually the unclaimed funds will return back to eBay's PayPal account in 30 days. You'll need to contact eBay to cancel that payment and let them know your correct email address. Be sure to update it in your eBay account if necessary.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

alanh3
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I will contact eBay support. This will be my third time discussing the issue with them. The previous time I was told that I needed to contact PayPal to transfer the unclaimed funds to the incorrect email address to the correct one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.