In Thailand not South Africa

Tyrone1422
Contributor
Contributor
Good day community, Every time I want to login to my Paypal account I get the message that they want to send me an sms verification (to my South African number), but I am currently in Thailand and that number doesn’t work here. Any advise on how I can change my number or use a different verification? No other options are provided only sms.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tyrone1422 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
So if you suddenly start to use a paypal account in another country then paypal will require verification that it is you and the only way that they can do that is by sending a text to your mobile phone linked and confirmed on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tyrone1422
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. I opened my Paypal account while I was in South Africa, two years ago, with my South African bank account and cellphone number. The cellphone number that they are sending the verification to is not my number any more. I changed service providers and got a new phone number. Is this account then useless for ever?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.