Impossible to contact Paypal for help

Davidffffffffff
New Community Member

I have been trying to access my paypal account for 3 hours now, I cannot believe how unprofessional this company is!

I try to call Paypal but that is simply not something they will allow. I try to email, nope stuff you sir why TF would we let you bother us like that, we would rather keep your money away from you. (in order to email us you need to log in but MF I can't log in hence I'm trying to email you!!!!!!!!!)

I confirm my login via my email but that is not enough, Paypal wants a number linked to my account from 10 years ago that doesn't exist anymore or a credit card that expired 7 years ago (which I'm supposed to keep incase I ever get locked out of paypal?). Please please please help me understand why this service can be so terrible. I can't even get access to my own money.

This is really unacceptable. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davidffffffffff 

Well the service isn't terrible if you keep your contact and financial information up to date.

You had up to 10 years to update your phone number and 7 years to update a credit card, so now its paypals fault that you didn't?

The phone option is the MAIN way paypal verify its you if you log into your account from another location/country or if you have not logged in for a while OR its a high cost transaction for security reasons.

Unlikely they can verify you via Facebook or Twitter as that is not secure so your only option now appears to be waiting until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds verifying your i.d. via your security questions....unless you have forgotten them as well !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.