Identity Used: Open a Paypal Account in My Name

Jaweaver72
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I am not quite sure what steps I should take at this point. My email was compromised, potentiallly due to malware, thus resulting in a series of events. I have since fixed most of the issues: I changed passwords, stopped using the device I believe was affected, I've set up a new bank account, and I will be more cautious in the future. 

However, one of the things that happened was a Paypal account was set up using my identity. After taking my identity they connected to my Coinbase account and withdrew $602 from that account. Thanks to the Coinbase representitive, I am aware of the Gmail that was used to create the Paypal account. They stated that they would be notifying Paypal of the fraud, but I would also like to do so as well. I'm not too hopeful about getting that money back at this point but I would still like to take any necessary steps. 

I am not quite sure how though as it is not connected to this account nor do I believe this account was accessed (I still have changed my login information here as well though.) 

Any help would be wonderful - Thank you so much for your guidance.

Best,

Jeff

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.