Identity Documents and Send/Spend Account type issue

asrarae
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! 

Last week, or perhaps even before, I had two notifications in my PayPal. One said I needed to upload identity documents, and I clicked on it to go do it but found when I did so it said I already had and they were being reviewed, that I should hear back quickly but it could be 2-3 business days...it's been much longer than that and nothing has happened. I attempted to contact PayPal via e-mail to report it but found no one to speak to nor alert. I have the same request and claim I submitted things for "decide if you want a send or spend account"- 

What is going on? Why haven't I heard back from anyone? When can I expect to?

Moreover, why doesn't PayPal have a business phone number to contact with a call center like every other large business? Highly debating leaving PayPal as my business payment platform considering this recent we-keep-the-fee-we-took-from-you-when-you-do-a-refund change as of this month along with the fact that when things go wrong or weird, there's no one to contact.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@asrarae 

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

asrarae
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, didn't know it wasn't shared information. I couldn't find where to edit the original so I posted again including my information- I'm in the USA. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and potentially help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @asrarae,

I'm very sorry to hear of the delay in response to your submitted documents. If you're still waiting for a reply, you can reach out to customer service to inquire about the status of the review. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.