Identity Confirmation Dashboard

evotech
New Community Member

Hello All

Several weeks ago, I was asked to confirm my identity in Paypal due to new Canadian regulations.

Since then I have been going through the endless task of trying to satisfy Paypal's very vague rules. Submitted several documents all bearing my name or business name but it keeps coming back to say they require more information. Most frustrating was to be told that my names don't match. For example, if the account was registered to John Smith, on my CRA documents it says John Doe Smith, and Paypal is saying that the names dont match (?!?!?!?) Trying to call Paypal doesn't help very much either. Latest update is - I get an email saying the below : 

Proof of Address:
----------------------------------------------------------------

The document provided unfortunately is not considered a proof of address. Please send us a valid document that proves you live at the address which is currently registered on your PayPal account.

What is a valid proof of address?

We accept one of the following:
- Notice of assessment, municipal property tax assessment
- Canada Revenue Agency statement (e.g. requirement to pay, installment notice or benefits statement)
- Financial Statement or Student Record from registered Canadian College or University (post-secondary institution)
- A statement issued by a recognized government agency
- Your most recent document received

We do not accept:
- Partial Documents.
- Bank / Credit card/ loan statement.
Please note: The document must show your full name and address as registered on the PayPal account.

But in my Identity Confirmation Dashboard, under "Beneficial Owner", "Loan/ Mortgage Account Statement" is listed as one of the accepted documents, which I have provided (?!?!?!?). I had also provided my 2018 (my most current statement) CRA statement in another category, strangely in spite of what this email is saying, CRA statements are not accepted for this "Beneficial Owners" category.

As a result, I have not been able to accept payment for my eBay transactions and lost a couple thousand dollars in deals. Seems like Paypal does not understand or couldn't care less if they are not providing adequate support to their users. Asking for more help renders no real assistance from the customer service people, they are not able to expedite or to direct you to the department that handles this new Canadian requirement. You have to wait 72hrs every time you submit any new documents and in my case, it always comes back as inadequate.

Very Very Frustrating and Irresponsible of Paypal!!!! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Bazz27

So ridiculous!

I have been trying to get this sorted for months now and they keep rejecting the supplied documents. They keep saying I need to upload my personal, not business docs. No **bleep**! I have uploaded them 5 times for you and called, being on hold numerous times and even speaking to a manager who couldn't help either

I always loved the Paypal system, but have found way better support with Stripe and Square.

Login to Me Too

mcross2
New Community Member

I've been hesitant to even hit the link or provide the confirmation information.  The email says "Your case number is ." (Notice how there is no number).  It looked more like a phishing email.  I've been online trying to confirm its even legit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.