Identify the account you're logged in to

jglazer63
Contributor
Contributor

I have 3 different paypal accounts for 3 different businesses.  Is it so hard to put a logo or profile picture or name at the top so I can identify which account I am logged into?  You have no idea how many invoices I have created in the wrong account, only to cancel them and log out and into the right account.  There is no way to tell without digging to your profile to determine what account you are logged in to at any time.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jglazer63 

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

You are sometimes allowed a second business account 'if' customer services agrees to your written request.

If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them all being limited as you have broken paypals policies.

So if you have 1 of each as you should do then you maybe would not need to have logos etc to sort them?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jglazer63
Contributor
Contributor

So I guess the answer is no, you cannot identify the account you are logged into.  You have to simply guess which one you are on and hope for the best.

The answer you provided does not answer the question posted but I will assume from the lack of a direct answer that my supposition is correct.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jglazer63 

My, so glad i gave up my time to try and help you.

As you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business then most folks have enough common sense to know if they have logged into their personal or business account as the layout is different.

Sorry its so hard for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jglazer63
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, I thought you worked for Paypal.  If not and you volunteered your advice, I do thank you.  The fact remains that I have been trying to help a few people get their businesses off the ground and have been logging into their paypal now and then to help them.  Then, without realizing it, I was creating invoices on the wrong account.  This is not a far-fetched scenario.  A simple indication at the top of the page (like this forum does) to show who you are logged in as would be of tremendous help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jglazer63 

Paypal is the absolute LAST company i would choose to work for !!!

This is a user to user advice forum and i am a user like you, I just get this daftly named title because i have helped a lot over the years.

But now you have explained what you are doing then yes it sounds a plan and maybe forward that suggestion to customer services.

I just was concerned you were opening multiple paypal accounts and may end up with them all being limited   😐

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.