I wants to change my country ?

JatinS
New Community Member

im trying to change my country details and i went to profile and close acc, but nothing seems to work, how can anyone help me ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mdarrn
Contributor
Contributor

@JatinS 

The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account. If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account.

If you close your PayPal account, it can’t be reopened. Any scheduled or incomplete transactions are canceled. You can’t close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance.

To close your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My settings.
  4. Click Close Account in the Account type section and follow the steps listed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JatinS 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved. If you did get problems then you may need to contact customer services for help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.